Your Unit 4 – Part of the Case Study will be the starting point for your PowerPoint presentation. But, the Presentation will include an ADDITIONAL segment not required in the Case Paper
Your PPT Presentation should:
- Be based on the Unit Reading and additional articles
- Begin with a brief review of the organization. Keep in mind that the members of the board may or may not have read the report you completed in the previous part of the Project. Even though this will be a brief presentation, it should include all essential information and data.
- Identify significant costs in your organization.
- Include a section devoted to Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis (CVP).
- Discuss budgeting considerations. Include the organization’s budget process, the organization’s budget variances and discuss management decisions related to budgeting.
- Present a balanced scorecard, incorporating all four of the organizational dimensions (financial, customer, internal business, and learning and growth).
- Create a “Strategy Map” for your organization.
NEW REQUIREMENT FOR THE PRESENTATION: Next, incorporate a discussion of “Global Interconnectedness” as it applies to your organization. Use the textbook and the additional article readings as a basis for analysis.
For example, how do global economic pressures impact your organization? Are there any direct or indirect international competitors? If so, how is that competition managed? Discuss any heuristic implications or biases based on Global Interconnectedness. Finally, end with a summary review (A formal “Conclusion” slide is required) of the performance evaluation. What are the key strengths and weaknesses of the organization? What changes would you recommend be made to the current organizational strategy?
Additional content could include: A discussion of any potential biases that could potentially impact the outcome of the decision-making process related to the continued success of the organization. The Power Point presentation should include 12 to 14 slides. The first slide must be a Title Slide, and the Final Slide must be your Reference List. The text of your Voiceover must be written into the “Notes” section of each slide. Proper Grammar and spelling will be an important part of the assignment.
Important Note: One of the most important techniques to use in any PowerPoint presentation is to create clean, crisp slides that use a minimal number of “bullet points”. If the slide is too cluttered, the presentation suffers. Therefore, the “Notes” section underneath each slide should be the place where all of the topics in that slide are thoroughly developed. Do not add the body of your presentation to the slides. Only incorporate the main “talking points”, then use the Notes section to add all of the body, thereby creating a more professional and robust presentation.
Please review the rubric document for a complete understanding of how your assignments will be assessed. Doing so will help you successfully complete your assignments.
GB519 Unit 5 Assignment Grading Rubric Category/Description Points Possible
Part (1) Title & Reference slides. 3
Part (2) Organization Introduction 3
Part 3) Organizational Costs 3
Part (4) CVP Analysis 3
Part (5) Budget Issues 3
Part (6) Balanced Scorecard 3
Part (7) Strategy Map 3
Part (8) Global Interconnectedness (New Content) • How do global economic pressures impact your organization? • Describe any direct or indirect international competitors. • How is that competition managed? • Relate how global interconnectedness affects the choice of 3 valuation methodologies in management decision-making process. 24Pts
Part (9) Conclusion 3
Part (10) 12 to 14 slides 2
Part (11) Voice over = 15 to 20 minutes 10
Critical Thinking/Format/Grammar/Spelling 5
Slides crisp – uses bullet points, uncluttered 5
All text for Voice Over included in “Notes” 5
Preliminary Final Score 75
Final Score 75