You are to select one of the following ethical dilemmas and address the questions below:
- 7-Eleven: The Price of Convenience
- ASDA Walmart
- Commonwealth bank
- Or another ethical dilemma (approved by the lecturer)
The team should undertake extensive research from academic journals, books, industry sources and the media and write a report which addresses the following issues and questions:
- What was the nature of the dilemma? Provide background information to the factors that lead to the dilemma if necessary and explain how the dilemma unfolded;
- Does this dilemma breach regulations/law?
- Who are the key affected stakeholders?
- Were the actions of the main actors unethical? Analyse the case using three ethical theories examined this semester. From your analysis, discuss whether the organisations in question behaved unethically in this case.
- How was the dilemma resolved? Do you think the dilemma was resolved effectively? Consider the implications of this dilemma on ethical standards in Australia.
Word limit: 3000 words (+/- 10%) plus references.
Structure of the report:
- Title page
- Executive summary (include assumptions)
- Table of contents · List of illustrations, List of tables (if applicable)
- Main body – Include appropriate headings/sub-headings for different sections
- Appendices (if applicable)
Note that the title page, table of contents, list of illustrations/tables, references, and appendices are not included in the 3000-word count.
References: Students should use at least 10 references including academic journals, books, industry sources and newspaper articles (media sources)