The Search for Leadership
You are the CEO of a major consumer technology corporation. The company is global and offers remote employment, in addition to numerous physical locations. It distributes the products through different global wholesalers to reach retailers who in turn sell to the ultimate consumer. Your job is to find a new president for the organization. The past president has retired after 25 years of service. You will have to explain to the board of directors what criteria will be used in the search for a new company president.
In your paper:
- Explain what being a leader is, and what traits are needed to be an effective leader.
- Describe the type of leadership style and skills needed for the position.
- Analyze the importance of attending to tasks and relationships.
- Explain the importance of a leader following and communicating a vision, and setting the tone.
- Examine the necessity for a leader to have good out-group member skills, as well as the ability to handle conflict and overcome obstacles.
- Justify the needed ethical leadership traits for this position
The Final Paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.