Write a three to four page paper (not including the title and reference pages) about a contemporary leadership situation that is familiar to you. You may use the same situation from the week two assignment. Your paper needs to:
• Define path-goal leadership.
• Identify the path-goal leadership style used in this situation; provide the tasks, and the subordinates’ characteristics.
• Support your position with specific examples.
• Explain whether the action taken was appropriate and effective.
• Discuss if the path-goal leadership approach would be useful in understanding the leadership applied to the situation.
In addition to the requirements above, your paper:
• Must be double-spaced and 12 point font
• Must be formatted according to APA style
• Must include an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement
• Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph
• Must reference at least two scholarly resources
• Must include a reference page written in APA format
Distinguished – Provides a thorough and clear definition of path-goal leadership. The definition explains the role of the leader according to the theory, and addresses tasks and obstacles.
Distinguished – Clearly and comprehensively identifies the path-goal leadership style used in the situation. Clearly describes the tasks and characteristics of subordinates
Distinguished – Thoroughly and comprehensively discusses the path-goal leadership style. The discussion clearly applies the leadership approach to the situation and provides specific examples related to the situation.
Distinguished – Develops a logical, consistent plan to solve a problem, and identifies consequences of the solution and can clearly communicate the reason for choosing the solution.