Be sure to elaborately answer the questions from each Case Problem. Your answers should be about 250 words per Case Problem
.1. To maintain and hopefully enhance the appeal and quality of its area’s natural resources, the city council has decided that it needs to enact protective laws to help ensure its future tourism success. What specific laws and regulations might these be?
2. Resort City is anxious to attract more tourists. The chamber of commerce has been successful in attracting several new tourist firms to the community. These firms plan to develop new hotels, lodges, shops, and restaurants. However, an influential member of the chamber of commerce expresses the viewpoint that the community should enact some strict zoning and building code laws before these construction projects get under way. The prospective developers and many other members of the chamber disagree. What do you think should be done to resolve this situation, and why?
QUESTIONS FOR REVIEW AND DISCUSSION
- Why are demand data so important? Give examples. By whom are demand data used?
- Describe in detail the three factors that determine propensity to travel. Create an example using all three of these major elements.
- A national lodging chain is planning expansion. What are the best methods for estimating future demand?
Site Name: World Travel and Tourism Council
Background Information: The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) is the global business leaders forum for travel and tourism. Its central goal is to work with governments to realize the full economic impact of the world’s largest generator of wealth and jobs—travel and tourism.
1. Review the economic research for a particular region selected by either you or your instructor. What are the economic forecasts for that region?
2. What are the overall tourism forecasts worldwide?
3. What do the statistical data reveal about the United States?
4. What are the regional statistics for the region where you live?
5. What are the employment projections?