“When Facebook’s Success is Bad for Society”, Mims, Jan. 7
- What are your views of Mark Zuckerberg’s pledge to “fix” Facebook, and try to address the fact that it is “psychologically addictive and harmful to society”? Do you think he is correct to listen to investors and former executives? Do you think he is correct to address this directly?
- Zuckerberg has said he will hire more content moderators to deal with fake news and Russian influence. Do you think Zuckerberg should go one step further to change algorithms on behalf of user’s mental health? Why or why not?
“Former KPMG Executives Charged with Conspiracy”, O’Brien, Michaels, and Rapoport, Jan 22
- What steps would you recommend to prevent this conspiracy from happening in the future?
- The author mentions this situation is similar to “stealing the exam”. How is this case similar to stealing the exam? Could you also argue this is similar to “Insider trading”, why or why not?
- Find any current business article and summarize in 8 sentences or more. Please cite source, title, author and date.