Use your favourite search engine on the Internet and look for postings of technology-driven retrenchment.
1. Review the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. Make sure that you provide thorough answers to each question. This is a graduate course and you should be able to explain the logic behind your answer and point to a credible source to support your position, even if it is just the textbook. You are expected to spend at least 5 hours studying the problems, finding and studying good sources, and understanding the nature of the potential solutions and at least an additional 5 hours answering these questions and polishing your writing so the answers are compelling. Invest your time wisely, giving more time to the complex answers in order to ensure that you demonstrate that you truly understand the answer.
- Use your favourite search engine on the Internet and look for postings of technology-driven retrenchment. What are the reasons given for the mergers and acquisitions? What is described as coming from each of the organizations? Given what you know about turnaround strategy, are the reasons given for the retrenchment reasonable and likely to lead to success? What might be missing?
- Find an example of an organization with multiple strategic business units. How does the organization define its corporate goals? The strategies of the SBUs? Are the strategies seeking innovation and technology enhancement internally or externally? Why do you classify the SBUs as you do?
- Identify a knowledge-system design process used by a company or organization. What were the goals of the system? What problems did the company encounter? What were the goals and benefits of developing the knowledge system? Did it help the organization’s performance? How?
- Organizational learning has been discussed a great deal in the management literature. Find a website that discusses the process of managing organizational learning and knowledge systems. Does this process seem doable? If so, why do organizations struggle with such development? If not, what advice would you give?
Length: 1750 – 2000 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
M8 Assignment UMBO – 2, 4, 5
M8 Assignment PLG – MSIM – 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 MSNI – 7
M8 Assignment CLO – 15