Use your favorite search engine on the Internet and look for postings of technology-driven mergers and acquisitions
Write a 1750-2000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Use your favorite search engine on the Internet and look for postings of technology-driven mergers and acquisitions.
- What are the reasons given for the mergers and acquisitions?
- What is described as coming from each of the organizations?
- Are there sound reasons given for the merger and acquisition that are likely to lead to success?
- What might be missing?
- Not all mergers and acquisitions are successful. Find an example of a merger or acquisition where technology contributed to its failure to produce desired outcomes.
- What reasons were given for the failure?
- What actions might have helped ensure success? Hint: Many mergers and acquisitions fail because needed information is not processed. Integrating information systems and accounting systems is often difficult.
- Find an article or website that provides guidelines for integrating and blending people and/or systems in an alliance where technology is a motivating factor.
- What do you think of the advice given?
- What advice would you give a manager who was chosen to lead a technology-based joint venture project between two organizations of relatively the same size? Remember, in joint ventures, two or more firms combine equity and form a new third entity. Joint ventures commonly have very detailed agreements covering what each party is to provide and expect and how they are to operate within the joint venture.
- What do you believe are the key integration issues that must be addressed?
- What would be easier in the joint venture than in a merger? What would be more difficult? Why?
Length: 1750 – 2000 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
M6 Assignment UMBO – 4, 5
M6 Assignment PLG – MSIM – 5, 6 MSNI – 7
M6 Assignment CLO – 3, 6, 7, 8