Unit 4 Assignment Summary
Instructions: Answer the following questions in essays that comprehensively discuss the issues raised by
each question. Your answers should be written with correct punctuation, grammar, and citations. Your
answers also should be sufficiently detailed to demonstrate your knowledge of the topicsraised by the
question. To formulate your responses be sure to utilize your text and research at least two other sources
for additional insight and assistance in creating real world scenarios where applicable.
Leadership and Organizational Conflict
1. Discuss Fiedler’s original Model of Leadership and then compare this with his later development
of Cognitive Resource Theory.
2. What type of leader characteristic (more intelligent versus more experienced) is mostsuited for
high-stress incidents? What type of leader (more intelligent versus more experienced) is best
suited forlow-stress, planned incidents? When giving your answers provide a detailed example of
a police leadership position that would fit the leadership style of a more intelligent leader and a
more experienced leader.
3. Next, in your own words, define, discuss, and provide a scenario in a criminal justice organization
of Transactional Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and Visionary Leadership.
4. Compare andcontrasttheTraditional View, the HumanRelations View, andthe Interactionist
View of organizational conflict.
5. Provide an example of a criminal justice agency in the midst of functional conflict.
6. Provide an example of a criminal justice agency in the midst of dysfunctional conflict.
(PLEASE NOTE: This essay will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the
text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.)
1. The papershould be 7–8 pagesin length.
2. The papershould contain a cover page and a list of referencesin APA format.
3. All internal citation of outside sources plusthe listing of all referencesshould also adhere to
You mayconsult the Online Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other
outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.
Directions for Submitting Your Essay
Write your essay in a Microsoft® Word® Document and save it in a location, and with a name, that you
will remember. Be sure to include your name, class, and section number in your essay. Submit your
Assignment by selecting the Unit 4: Assignment in the Dropbox.