Week 2 Project: Descriptive Statistics
This week you will submit Part 2: Descriptive Statistics of the four-part project. For this project, you will assume the role of a public health leader in your community (County or City). In this role, you are tasked with improving the overall health of your local community. You have been asked to develop a plan for health promotion and disease prevention and then present your plan to a board of policymakers for approval.
In Part 2 of your project, now that you have researched and presented the top health issues you need to create a presentation for the board that shows descriptive statistics on health care issues.
Using PowerPoint or a similar program (Google Slides, Prezi, Keynote, Canva), create 5 different graphs/charts that answer the following:
1. Rank the top 5 health issues from the highest impact to the lowest.
2. Show what percent of the population is impacted by each issue
3. Choose at least one of the health issues and show progression over 5 years.
4. Show distribution by age of a least one of the health issues.
5. Show key demographics (example: race, age, income, sex, etc.) impacted by at least one of the health issues.
Also, follow these steps
1. In excel (you do not need to turn this in -this is an example of where I made the charts). You do not have to use excel to make the charts if you have other chart-making tools you may use those.
2 In the sample PowerPoint – yours should look like this. Follow the live chat for the full tutorial. This is what the assignment should look like.
HERE ARE THE SITES TO GET STARTED:
STEP 1: Get the data by searching your state or region – use the search top 5 health issues.
STEP 2 – Go to the website that has the best data – state public health or CDC websites are the best
STEP 3- Create a table of the top five health issues. This is question #1 in the project
STEP 4 – create your charts this is questions bullet points 2 to 5. Then put your charts into your PowerPoint (or similar program)
Here are a few links to DATA Sets
NATIONWIDE BY STATE:
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail.