- Please CHOOSE ONE of the two prompt options provided below, and write a 1-2 page (double spaced) narrative response. Be sure to address every point within the prompt of your choice.
- Submit completed assignment via Canvas Assignments, as DOC, DOCX, PDF, or RTF file attachments.
Option #1: Recommended after Lecture 14
Think of one issue related to environmental health (doesn’t necessarily have to be an environmental health issue we’ve covered in class). Based on what you know about environmental health, and some online research, please answer the following:
- What is the issue, and why is it a problem?
- What do you think is the best way to fix this issue? (Please explain in detail, including: people involved, specific steps that are needed, how long it would take to fix, and potential barriers and/or side effects).
Option #2: Recommended after Lecture 15
Think of one emergency scenario related to violence, injury, or safety that can happen to you. (For example, library on fire, earthquake when you’re in your apartment, active shooter scenario at workplace, chemical spills in lab, etc.)
- Describe, in detail, what is likely to happen in this scenario.
- Explain, in detail, what you’ll have to do to minimize harm and maximize your chance of survival.