The Purpose of the fact sheet and presentation is to inform all students about the variety of possibilities available for consideration of future careers. (Note: Only those items attached to this specific assignment page will be published. Documents submitted in any other manner will not be published nor will they be accepted for grading.) The fact sheet and presentation should include key aspects of your research: (Please include statistical information)
- Provide an overview of the specific enterprise you investigated.
- Provide an overview of the corresponding industry.
- Trends in the industry.
- Career opportunities in the industry.
- Prepare a 1 full page fact sheet or summary of your report for distribution to each class member. You need to distribute this fact sheet to your classmates before your class starts. (Microsoft Word or Corel WordPerfect document) This fact sheet is valued at 10 points.
- Prepare a slide show with images providing insight to your industry/enterprise. (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations document – Attention: No Prezi or cloud-based presentation software and storytelling tool on a virtual canvas). The slide show is valued at 50 points.
- Both the fact sheet and slide presentation will be graded on the professional, business style of presentation, content of the presentation, and accuracy.
- Provide appropriate references and citations for the supporting documentation. Indicate all direct quotes with appropriate citations and quotation marks. Limit direct quotes to 4 lines or no more than 40 words. Do not copy and paste your report from the work of others without appropriate credit to the original author. All papers will be reviewed utilizing Turn-it In software to ensure the authorship of the work is original to the student. “This assignment is not an exercise in copying research facts from the Internet!” Submissions that evidence excessive copying of work will result in a zero for this component of the course.