The final presentation will be a professional presentation discussing your Contemporary Issues topic. The presentation will be evaluated on the following
|Benchmark – Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology Section 5: Final Presentation|
Refer to the “Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology Research Guide,” located in the Course Materials, for complete instructions.
Benchmark – Section 5: Final Presentation
The final presentation will be a professional presentation discussing your Contemporary Issues topic. The presentation will be evaluated on the following:
- Professional dress and presentation of content
- Knowledge of presentation
- Language use and audience awareness
- Appropriate use of visual aids
- Five lines; five words
- Large, clear type
- Professional fonts and cascades
- Each element has a specific purpose
- Speaker notes
The presentation must include each of the following:
- Problem statement is clearly described
- Current hypothesis
- Pitch your vision of the world where this is solved
- Go through the problem methodically and with precision
- Explain what the factors are and how they were determined
- Show a visual example of how this is measured
- Provide a clear model of the system, including a visual model
- Provide the analysis results of the current state of the system including the two visuals from Section 2
- Short and sweet explanations; if an explanation is too complex, provide an opportunity for discussion after presentation
- What are the solution options?
- Give a solid feasible solution
- Provide rationale for your decision with data
- Provide a vision of your implementation strategy
Values and Virtues
- Explain what steps were taken to ensure that the solution purposed is a moral and ethical decision.
- How is your solution informed by the values and virtues of the Christian worldview?
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This section of the assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following competencies:
BS Information Technology
BS Information Technology with an Emphasis in Cybersecurity
BS Computer Programming
BS Computer Science with an Emphasis in Big Data Analytics
BS Software Engineering
BS Biomedical Engineering
BS Electrical Engineering
BS Mechanical Engineering
BS Electrical Engineering Technology
BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
BS Engineering with an Emphasis in Robotics
3.4/4.4/5.4: Recognize and demonstrate the importance of professional oral and written communication skills.