This Project Paper is an individual assignment.
The company you select for this Project Paper is up to you; however, it must be a publicly traded company whose financials are available on the internet. You will be preparing an Executive Summary regarding the company you chose. This assignment requires a written paper.
The requirements for this assignment are listed below:
Acquire a copy of your company’s most recent Annual Report, and other information about the company’s history, etc., for this assignment by using the Internet or other resources. You will need the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flows.
Prepare a 750- to 1,000-word written Executive Summary Report, using the information contained in the company’s balance sheet and income statement, the Internet or other resources, answering the following questions. (Note: The annual reporting period and fiscal year mean year-end numbers).
Please make sure your written paper includes answers to the following questions:
1. Company history: When was the company founded? By whom? List other historical facts.
2. Who is the audit firm for the company?
3. What stock exchange is the company listed on? What is their ticker symbol?
4. How much cash and cash equivalents did the company have at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
5. What were the company’s total current assets at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
6. What were the two largest current assets at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
7. What were the company’s total assets at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
8. What amount of accounts payable did the company have at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
9. What were the company’s total current liabilities at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
10. What were the company’s total liabilities and shareholders’ equity at the end of its 2 most recent annual reporting periods?
11. What were the company’s revenues (or net revenues) for the last 2 annual reporting periods?
12. Besides reporting numbers you need to provide some analysis such as increase decrease, percentage change, or any ratios you might find useful to explain changes in the financials of the company you chose.
******To obtain copies of the Annual Reports for the company you chose go online to Google and type the following: COMPANY NAME 2014 Form 10-K. Click on the link and when it comes up, then click on Part II which has the financial statements that you will need for this Project Paper. (For sample financials of Nike, Inc., you can look at Appendix C on page C-1 in the textbook). To find additional information about the history of your company, you can also search the internet through Google, Yahoo, or other search engines.