What hypothesis testing procedure would you use in the following situations?
- A test classifies applicants as accepted or rejected. On the basis of data on 200 applicants, we test the hypothesis that ad placement success is not related to gender.
- A company manufactures and markets automobiles in two different countries. We want to know if the gas mileage is the same for vehicles from both facilities. There are samples of 45 units from each facility.
- A company has 3 categories of marketing analysts: (1) with professional qualifications but without work experience (2) with professional qualifications and with work experience, and (3) without professional qualifications but with work experience. A study exists that measures each analyst’s motivation level (classified as high, normal, and low). A hypothesis of no relation between analyst category and motivation is to be tested.
- A company has 24 salespersons. The test must evaluate whether their sales performance is unchanged or has improved after a training program.
- A company has to evaluate whether it should attribute increased sales to product quality, advertising, or an interaction of product quality and advertising.