Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Q1- You are required to provide a critical analysis of the following question in 1000 words. Use evidence and recent research results to support your answer. You should refer to the wider literature and real-life examples.
Should companies hedge their exposures to foreign exchange risk? Discuss both views critically and state your recommendation. Use relevant research results to support your answer.
In this assessment, the following learning outcomes will be covered:
LO 1. Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of exchange rate systems and the interaction between exchange rates, interest rates and inflation
LO 2. Appreciate the types of risks faced by investors and multinational companies
LO 3. Apply and critically evaluate alternative techniques for managing foreign exchange risks
Topic: Attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) is considered one of the main challenges faced by economies. It is also one of the main factors that help develop the national economy since it contributes to increasing GDP growth rates in the host country, developing technical staff, creating jobs, transferring modern technology, and supporting competitive capacities. “Discuss the current investment environment in KSA, shed light on current legislations that are attractive for investment, and identifying the most important determinants of investment in KSA?”
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail.