1. Select a scholarly nursing or research article (published within the last five years) related to mental health nursing, which includes content related to evidence‐based practice.
*** You may need to evaluate several articles before you find one that is appropriate. ***
2. Ensure that no other member of your clinical group chooses the same article. Submit the article for approval.
3. Write a 2–3 page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) using the following criteria.
a. Write a brief introduction of the topic and explain why it is important to mental health nursing.
b. Cite statistics to support the significance of the topic.
c. Summarize the article; include key points or findings of the article.
d. Discuss how you could use the information for your practice; give specific examples.
e. Identify strengths and weaknesses of the article.
f. Discuss whether you would recommend the article to other colleagues.
g. Write a conclusion.
4. Paper must follow APA format. Include a title page and a reference page; use 12‐point Times Roman font; and include in‐text citations (use citations whenever paraphrasing, using statistics, or quoting from the article). Please refer to your APA Manual as a guide for in‐text citations and sample reference pages.
5. Submit per faculty instructions by due date (see Course Calendar); please refer to your APA Manual as a guide for in‐text citations and sample reference pages. Copies of articles from any Databases, whether PDF, MSWord, or any other electronic file format, cannot be sent via the Learning Management System (Canvas) dropbox or through email, as this violates copyright law protections outlined in our subscription agreements. Refer to the “Policy” page under the Resource tab in the shell for the directions for properly accessing and sending library articles electronically using permalinks.