Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology Section 1: Topic Selection, Problem Statement, and Metrics
Research and find a topic related to current scientific, human, social, business, or economic problems.
Refer to the “Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology Research Guide,” located in the Course Materials, for complete instructions.
Section 1: Topic Selection, Problem Statement, and Metrics
Research and find a topic related to current scientific, human, social, business, or economic problems. Refer to the “Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology Research Guide” for possible topics. In a Microsoft Word document a maximum of 750 words, include the following:
- Research the historical, social, professional, ethical, and legal aspects of your discipline. Identify a problem facing the world today and create a problem statement. The problem statement should be objective, backed by statistics, clear, and concise. The problem scope and affected population(s) should be inherent to the problem statement.
- Rationale: Analyze the social and professional context of your discipline. Provide a one-paragraph explanation of why the topic is important, both to you personally and to the profession, as well as its effect(s) on the professional and ethical environments.
- Vision Statement: Include a version of the world where the problem remains unsolved, as well as a version of the world if the problem were to be solved.
- Define the factors that affect the problem, and clearly identify metrics that show the severity of the problem.
- Once the measurable factors have been identified, determine how this data can be gathered for future analysis.
The assignment requires a minimum of 3 peer reviewed journal articles from the last 5 years. Articles with no designated author are no allowed. Citations must be made following APA.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.