Assignment 1: Discussion—Environmental Change and Community Health
Regardless of ideology, scientific evidence suggests that the climate is changing and humans may contribute to this change (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [IPCC], 2007). Climate changes are predicted to have an enormous impact on the environment and global health, both directly and indirectly.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) maintains a Web site that discusses the impacts of these changes.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (2017). Climate change—Health and environmental effects: Health. Retrieved from https://health2016.globalchange.gov/
Using the links and Search feature on the EPA Web site listed above, select what you think is the most important issue that your generation needs to address—for example, agriculture and food supply or forests.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and in particular the above link, respond to the following:
- Identify the generation that you are from, for example, baby boomer, generation X, or . >>
- Examine how the issue that you selected affects public health directly or indirectly. How did your generation contribute to this issue?
- Briefly summarize how this issue came about. Explain what is predicted to happen as climate change continues with respect to the issue you have chosen. If you chose climate change as your issue, then discuss the predicted impact on health.
- Research how this issue is currently being addressed. Do you think this is a good strategy, or can this issue be addressed in a better way?
Support your statements with scholarly and credible references as well as appropriate examples.