Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to place students in the active role of a marketing manager with a problem threatening the organization’s survival. Students will respond to a specific scenario that requires them to address the concepts both critically and creatively to solve the scenario’s dilemma.
Resources: Marketing: Ch. 3: pg. 72-92; Ch. 8: pg. 207-227
Choose a company whose products you are familiar to use as the example for this exercise.
- Must be a real company.
Design a mock up (sample) survey to gain primary data about your market.
- Choose the method you will use for your survey. (i.e. pamphlet, telemarketing, focus group, internet, etc.)
- Use six different types of questions that covers people’s attitudes, demographics, behaviors, and preferences. Please refer to Chapter 8 and the Wendy’s examples as well as week 1’s lecture.
- If you chose a pamphlet or focus group, use Microsoft Publisher, Word, or Adobe Photo Shop in order to design a pamphlet, double sided card, or worksheet. Attach it as a pdf file.
- If you chose an internet survey, use Survey Monkey. You can include those questions in the paper or on a separate pdf.
- If you chose telemarketing, provide a script.
Write a 500 to 700 word essay
- Explain the type of research you are doing, the method you chose, and reason behind each question you asked and why you chose those specific style of questions.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources with at least one coming from the textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines