The purpose of this assignment is to identify nursing care models utilized in today’s various health care settings and enhance your knowledge of how models impact the management of care and may influence delegation. You will assess the effectiveness of models and determine how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure quality, safety and staff satisfaction.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO2)
CO2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building. (PO3)
CO3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO7)
CO6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO7)
CO7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and/or system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO2, and 3)
CO8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO8)
Submit by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 5.
Click to view and download the NR447 Nursing Care Models Paper Rubric.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read your text, Finkelman (2016), pp- 111-116.
- Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
- Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
- Write a 5-7 page paper that includes the following:
- Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
- Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
- Discuss your observations about how the current nursing care model is being implemented. Be specific.
- Recommend a different nursing care model that could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
- Provide a summary/conclusion about this experience/assignment and what you learned about nursing care models.
- Write your paper using APA format using Microsoft Office 2010 or later.
- Submit your paper no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday by the end of Week 5.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.