- What were the key market situations that drove the advertiser to create such an ad?
- What was/were the problem (or problems) that the advertiser wanted to solve?
- Who do you think was the advertiser’s primary target audience? Create the target persona that corresponds to the ad.
- What were the advertiser’s advertising (communication) objectives?
- What did the advertiser want to say to their target audience (what was the advertiser hoping for their target audience to perceive and think after seeing this ad?)
- Do you think the ad was successful? Evaluate the ad you have chosen.
There is no right or wrong answer but I want you to practice using your critical, analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Thus, provide me your original, educated guess on what made the advertising agency create such an ad and back up your thoughts with some evidence by citing library or online resources using APA style. If you are not familiar with APA style, the following website can be useful: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html)
- You should include your ad or examples of ads that illustrate your points as appendices. Incorporating photos, graphics or other images is expected but these do not count as part of the written length of the paper
- Spelling and grammar matter — you will lose points for errors that could have been avoided by careful proofreading.