Perform on an Adult Inpatient Mental Health Facility (See uploaded copy of Organizational Microsystem Assessment)
- Using your Organizational/Microsystem assessment data, identify one specific problem.
- Review the literature relevant to solutions on how to improve that problem. Include at least one strong research study that demonstrates how others have solved that same problem.
- Based on the identified problem and problem solution:
- Write an overall goal for improvement.
- Write objectives for improvement in the microsystem practices aimed to solve the problem. Establish objectives that are measurable, realistic, and timely for improving or establishing microsystem practice.
- Create a detailed, timed action plan (who, what, when, where, and how), taking into consideration accountable persons, resources needed (human and material), etc., to promote success. Consider the practical aspects such as personnel, committees, and microsystem structure when developing the plan.
- Determine evaluation methods, including measurement methods, timing, responsible parties, and expected levels of performance, that would be used to document achievement of objectives.
Your presentation should consist of 10 slides with recorded narration. Use the following guidelines:
- Slide 1: Introduce your organization. (Use alias name; do not name – but describe organization by type, size, population served, etc.)
Use a 160 bed Inpatient Adult Mental Health Facility in Urban Community
- Slide 2: Introduce one identified problem, gap, or weakness from your assessment.
- Slide 3: Provide a brief review of the literature regarding how to solve the problem.
- Slide 4: State your overarching goal and specific measurable objectives.
- Slide 5-7: Present your action plan designed to solve the problem.
- Slide 8: Present your plan to evaluate. How will you know if your plan and actions were effective?
- Slide 9: Summary/conclusion
- Slide 10: References
- A minimum of six references should support the plan and evaluation methods.
- Reference sources should be documented using APA 6th edition format.