Jason Fried gives a provocative TED Talk on the obstacles to productivity created by managers. You can watch the video through the following link: Why work doesn’t happen at work. Based on the video, write a 3-5 page essay (not including reference page and cover page) on Theory X and Theory Y. Address the following questions in your essay:
- What assumptions does Fried make about workers? Does he appear to be a Theory X or Theory Y manager?
- Do you agree with Fried’s analysis of workplace distractions? Is it primarily an “M & M” problem?
- Would Fried’s recommendations work in most settings? Why or why not?
- What alternative recommendations would you make to deal with work place distractions?
Your paper will be evaluated on the following:
- Structure and mechanics
- Relevance to the topic(s)
***Each essay will be submitted to the Turnitin Dropbox link in Canvas***
Your paper is to be written in an APA-Style format. This includes the following:
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- 1 inch margins
- cover page
- reference page
- in-text citations
For more detailed instructions and information on how to write an APA-style paper, please visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/. There is an extensive databank on how to incorporate in-text citations, and properly format your references.
Additional Information on Turnitin
- All written assignments must be submitted to Canvas Turnitin Dropboxes by the posted deadline. Assignments submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
- Within one week after the assignment’s deadline has passed, you will receive written feedback on your assignment. The written comments on your assignment are accessible using the GradeMark function within your assignment submission.