In a brief summary continue to post the differential diagnosis decision you or your group decided on
The Discussion for this week is to provide you an opportunity to discuss with your colleagues the case studies presented in the interactive media program. These case studies involve ethical dilemmas or other issues encountered in advanced nursing practice.
(Note: If you have difficulty working in a group due to different time zones or work schedules, you may opt to complete this Discussion on your own. However, we highly encourage you to connect and debate important ethical dilemmas and other issues with your colleagues to practice interprofessional collaborative skills as you learn from other points-of-view. Please reach out to your Instructor for approval. If you do complete this Discussion within your group, you will receive 2 bonus points.)
- Your Instructor will place you into groups of 3. Check the “Groups” area of Blackboard to see your assigned group. Your Instructor also will assign a facilitator/moderator for your group to manage the group.
- Review the Collaborate Ultra “help” feature in Blackboard to help you manage and use the Collaborate Ultra tool to record your conversation with your group.
- Once your Instructor assigns a facilitator/moderator for your group, your group’s facilitator/moderator will need to coordinate and schedule a date and time to meet during Week 9 before your Discussion Board post is due.
Next, in your Group meeting
- Review the interactive media program found in this week’s Learning Resources and as a group choose a case study for your Group’s Discussion.
- Once you decide on your case study, within your group discuss and take notes on the following (Note: Make sure to record your Group’s Discussion session):
- What is your differential diagnosis?
- Why did you make this diagnosis decision?
- What is your treatment plan?
- What evidence-based research can you provide to support your decision (choice for differential diagnosis and plan/intervention)?
- What resources did you use to meet your best practice guidelines?
- During your discussion, make sure to provide evidence using the literature to support your group’s discussion and point-of-view.
By Day 5
(*In the subject line of your post, please include the names of all your group members)
As a group and in one post, post a summary of your chosen case study and provide details regarding the case (e.g., surrogacy; pregnancy, contraception, etc.) along with a link to the recorded Discussion from Collaborate Ultra.
Address the ethical dilemmas and/or other issues for your case study:
- Ethical issues
- Psychological issues
- Physical issues
- Financial issues
In a brief summary continue to post the differential diagnosis decision you or your group decided on. Why did you make this decision? What is your treatment plan? What evidence-based research can you provide to support your decision?
What resources did you use to meet your best practice guidelines?
Make sure to provide evidence from the literature to support your discussion post.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ posts (from a different group) on two different days and provide additional insight that might be useful and appropriate for the issue addressed. Use your learning resources and/or evidence from the literature to support your position.