Many careers are influenced by government regulations. Health care is one of those careers, similar to education, where the workers are hesitant to be involved in the political process. In order to advance the cause of quality patient care, it is very important that doctorally prepared advanced practice nurses get involved in the political process.
This assignment will prepare you to determine what policy you may want to be involved in changing by creating an objective policy brief. A policy brief is a concise summary of a particular issue, the policy options to deal with it, and some recommendations on the best option. This assignment consists of two parts.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least one in-text citation from each source.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
- Upload both parts of the assignment to the assignment drobox.
Part 1: In 500-750 words, address the following:
- Identify a current health care policy in your community or state.
- Research the issue and determine your personal stance based on the current evidence.
- Locate the contact information for a state, local, or federal official for your area.
- Locate information regarding the official\’s stance on the issue.
- Send the official a letter or email that explains your position and offers suggestions on how the official should move forward with the agenda from your policy brief.