Throughout this module, we have examined how training and development programs can be created to improve performance. As we have discussed, an organization’s mission and strategy, along with other factors, can influence how HR professionals approach development.
For this week’s assignment, using the organization you currently work for, a previous organization, or an organization you are familiar with, do the following:
- Identify and briefly summarize the organization’s mission, values, culture, and strategic direction.
- Analyze how the mission, vision, and strategy influences the type and frequency of training within an organization. For instance, if your organization is retail oriented and focused on millennial fashion, assess how training should be conducted.
- Develop two specific training strategies that would be effective in the organization and industry that you identified. Explain the benefits of these strategies and how these strategies are aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
The organization I work for is McGuckin Hardware (Hight Enterprises), feel free to use another one if necessary, like Coca-Cola
- For this assignment, refer to the area of the Writing Center entitled Writing an Effective Essay. You may also want to view the sample paper entitled APA Sample Paper.
- You can download and save the APA Template Paper from this page as your own paper and replace the placeholders with your own information. This template is already formatted in APA style according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Do not change the formatting of this template.
- Write a 5-7 page paper, or about 2300 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include a formal references page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least three scholarly references, and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library. is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org