For this Portfolio Project option, you will act as a higher-level leader in a small engineering firm. Your organization has been struggling to meet its goals for the past six months, and for the last two months it has operated at a financial loss. Turnover has increased, with employees stating they are concerned that the firm will have to close soon.
Your organization has been offered a large contract to perform services, but your Board of Directors is reluctant to accept it given the issues your organization is facing.
For this option, you will create a power point presentation (as you may have chosen throughout previous assignments) designed to demonstrate to the Board of Directors the organizational changes you plan and how those changes will lead to more effective operations within the organization and gain revenue. You should minimally address the following:
- Recommendation for how the organization should be structured to achieve effectiveness
- Communication plan to address both external and internal communications
- Process for both decision making and problem solving
- Recommendation and justification of a managerial approach
- Recommendation and justification of a leadership approach
Your presentation must adhere to the following parameters:
- 12-14 slides in length, not including the title and reference pages. Relevant images and multimedia can be included in the presentation. You may use the charts within the article, but make sure you properly cite them.
- If you choose a PowerPoint presentation, include audio narrative and provide knowledge, critical thinking, and depth to the topics presented on the slides.
- Be supported by five scholarly references. Remember, you must support your thinking and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported; in-text references used throughout the PowerPoint or mentioned in your video assignment, along with an APA-formatted reference list