Include Introduction and Conclusion paragraph
For this Portfolio Project assignment, you will research a company or organization of your choosing with regard to its organizational diversity. You may examine an organization with a poor track record on diversity, or one that has excelled in this area—the choice is yours. For your research, you will need to examine a combination of sources, such as newspapers, social media, scholarly literature, trade organizations or trade press, government documents, company websites, and legal briefs.
Instructions for Final Portfolio Project:
With your topic in hand, you will now write a paper that address each of the following items, as they relate specifically to your company. Note that each item in the list is equal in value. Each answer must be reflective of your careful analysis of your sources. This means that your answers must be backed up by specific references to your sources.
- Provide a background and organizational framework for the chosen company, including: relevant historical information, industry information, sales figures, mission, product(s), location(s), and customer or audience base.
- Discuss the following types of diversity and the role each plays in the culture of the organization. Support your answers with your research:
- Sexual orientation
- Provide a detailed explanation of how the organizations\\\’ top leadership has shown commitment, or a lack of commitment, to diversity. Again, support your answers with your research.
- Provide a detailed explanation of this organization\\\’s reputation among the public, the industry, and its stakeholders with regard to diversity initiatives. Support your answers.
- Discuss the policies, procedures, and practices that the organization has in place with regard to all forms of diversity in the workplace. This should also include any outcomes or results of not following the policies and procedures, as well as the laws that may be particularly pertinent to the organization. Support your answers.
- Analyze how this company could improve on its current diversity strategy to better its overall corporate performance. Support your answers.
Additional Assignment Requirements:
- Your paper must be 10-12 pages in length, not including the required title and references pages. Be sure your paper has an appropriate introduction and conclusion.