For this final research essay, you will write an original argument based on a social, political, or cultural issue you choose and one that you care about. Your ideas will be based on your personal views and insights gained by doing extensive research on this topic. You will need to create an original, specific, argument thesis based on the topic, and argue and support your thesis throughout the essay. Write an essay that does the following:
• Clearly defines your issue with background information
• Shows your perspective on the issue
• Explores a clear argument using strategies studied in class: logos, ethos, and pathos
• Persuades the audience
• Uses at least five sources, out of which two need to be academic, scholarly articles
• Presents a call to action or solution (what needs to be done?)
Requirements of the research essay:
1. Thoroughly research your issue. Use credible sources. The library and library databases are the safest place to find sources. Beware of random websites that may have inaccurate information. You must use at least three scholarly, peerreviewed articles in this essay.
2. The final draft must include at least 5 outside sources and be 6+ pages in MLA format. Your essay must include a works cited page.
3. Clearly introduce and follow up all quoted and paraphrased material; show readers how your sources support and prove your points, so they do not have to make those connections on their own.
4. With any formal academic essay, you are expected to use the appropriate tone, point of view, style, and diction. While you may use “I,” for example when providing a personal experience, for example, avoid using the second person (“you”). Formal academic essays, unless otherwise instructed, are usually written in the third person.
5. Document each source you use: note the author and page number and list the source on the Works Cited page to avoid plagiarism. This MUST be done if you quote, summarize, or paraphrase a source.
6. The essay also requires an annotated bibliography,
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail.