For this assignment, you will decide what type of budget to implement for a start-up company.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the type of manufacturing company you plan to start up and determine how you will design the value chain for your manufacturing company.
- Describe the type of budget you plan to implement in your company, and outline the budgeting review steps necessary to ensure that your company reaches the financial forecast.
- Select at least four (4) specific benchmarks you will utilize in your company. Explain the benchmarks selected and their benefit(s) to your company.
- Explain the type of cost system you plan to implement in your company, and identify any major challenge(s) in implementing your cost system. Suggest a way to overcome the identified challenge(s).
- Integrate at least one (1) quality resource using in-text citations and a reference page in your assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Investopedia, and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the management accountant’s role in the organization.
- Analyze the advantage of budgeting, the preparation of a master budget, and other forms of planning.
- Discuss the allocation of costs to divisions, plants, departments, contracts, and products.
- Compare and contrast the various management uses of variances.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cost accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about cost accounting using proper writing mechanics.