Learners must maintain a reflective journal integrating self-reflection and inquiry demonstrated in the current Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) course.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Download the \”Reflective Journal Template,\” located in the DNP PI Workspace, for submission.
- A minimum of three peer-reviewed references published within the last 5 years is required.
- Doctoral learners are required to use the current APA style for their essay writing assignments. The current APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric before beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
Each week contribute 150-200 words (1,250-2,000 words total) to reflect and journal the professional practice, skills, and responses used in approaching or achieving the course objectives in the course syllabus and the AACN Essentials Doctoral Education of Advanced Practice (2006). Describe examples of your accomplishments or challenges experienced while taking the course. Align at least three of the AACN DNP Essentials to these experiences as provided in the \”Reflective Journal Template.\” Discuss additional resources discovered and new abilities that have influenced more optimal learning outcomes in the course. Lastly, describe and conclude how the competencies were approached or accomplished in this course.
In addition to personal reflections about the course, the journal must reflect on at least three of the following AACN DNP Essentials:
- Essential I: Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
- Essential III: Clinical Scholarship and Analytical Methods for Evidence-Based Practice
- Essential IV: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care
- Essential V: Health Care Policy for Advocacy in Health Care
- Essential VI: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
- Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation\’s Health
- Essential VIII: Advanced Nursing Practice
Submit your reflective journal to both the course faculty using the course assignment dropbox and upload it into the Typhon Tracking System under the corresponding course section at the end of the course. Learners must submit this deliverable in Typhon and the LMS. Failure to submit in both locations can result in an Incomplete for the course.