During your initial outing in the nonprofit organization development process, you developed a mission and started putting your staff together. This time, your focus is on developing a plan for your organization that is focused on modern-day communications strategies. Since you are in the initial stages and want to be flexible with plan development, address the following questions in a narrative format as opposed to developing a more concrete and structured plan:
- Will you hire a dedicated communications coordinator, entrust the tasks to a volunteer, or divide duties among staff members? What are the potential advantages and disadvantages to your chosen option?
- What are unique qualities and attributes of your organization’s target population that need to be taken into consideration when communicating with them and developing a communications plan? How do you plan to address these needs?
- What role will e-mail outreach and associated campaigns play in your strategy? Will e-mail take on a role that is more prominent than that of various social media strategies that could be employed?
- Which social media will you employ in your communications ventures? What would be the purpose of including each medium, and what would be the advantage that each medium would have in outreach efforts?
- Will you structure any content differently for internal use and dissemination? If so, what changes will you make to the general plan?
- How would you gauge the success of your social media strategy? Discuss different measures employed and how results could be used to further your communication efforts.
Your plan must be a 7 pages in length not including title and reference page ; all pages will be double-spaced. You must include at least five sources; you do not need to include the reading assignments, but, if included, they do not count toward the five-source minimum. Be sure to cite all borrowed, quoted, and paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.
The purpose of this assignment is to gauge your understanding of the content, so focus on writing original content rather than simply regurgitating the textbook or other sources, whether by paraphrasing or using direct quotes. Paraphrasing is acceptable, but try to keep paraphrasing to a minimum. A good rule of thumb is to use 80% of your own work and paraphrase 20% or less of the work of others.