Develop a 6–8 page, APA-formatted article on a global health topic for publication. Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery, and the interventions that have been implemented. Explain the influence of altruism on global health, and identify evidence-based interventions to address the global health topic.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the factors that affect the health of communities.
- Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issue.
- Explain the influence of altruistic organizations on health and health care practices associated with a global health care issue.
- Explain how health care decisions and practices at a local level relate to health and health care delivery on a global scale.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based interventions to promote health and disease prevention and respond to community health issues.
- Describe interventions implemented to address a global health care issue.
- Identify evidence-based interventions to promote wellness and disease prevention associated with a global health care issue.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- Provide background information and statistics on a global health care issue.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format paper, citations, and references, using current APA style.