Careers in Finance
Finance is an exciting field in need of intelligent, skilled people. The job opportunities range from corporate finance; financial planning; investment banking; insurance; and real estate from individuals, institutions, government, and businesses. Finance managers acquire, spend, and manage money and other financial assets.
Use the Internet and / or Strayer Resource Center to research career options within the field of finance. Consider the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website, and the Websites of finance professional associations such as the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP), The National Association for Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), and Financial Management Association International (FMA).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) financial career options that an individual with a finance education might pursue and explain the value that such a position adds to a company.
- Explain the essential skills that would make a person successful in each of the described positions.
- Recommend one (1) of the career options. Identify the most attractive features of the position.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the forms of business organizations and the role of financial managers within an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in finance.
- Write clearly and concisely about finance using proper writing mechanics.