Describe the historical background of your chosen field. Select a person you feel made significant contributions to society
Personal Perspective and the History of Applied Science Fields
Describe the historical background of your chosen field. Select a person you feel made significant contributions to society, your field of study, and who has influenced you personally. In a Microsoft Word document, in a minimum of 500 words, write a paper that includes the following:
- Explain why you chose your degree program/chosen field.
- Describe one of the common problems that a professional in your chosen field would be working on.
- Research a scientist who contributed to the advancement of your chosen profession and describe their contributions within the discipline according to the Christian worldview.
- Describe how your own view of vocation, and how your future contributions would be informed by the values of the Christian worldview. Discuss how a calling to the sciences could be a service to God and benefit mankind.
- The paper should include a professional generated graphic model created by you, the student, that describes the evolution of your chosen discipline. The graphical model must include a timeline that shows the history of the applied science.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.