The growth, development, and learned behaviors that occur during the first year of infancy have a direct effect on the individual throughout a lifetime. For this assignment, research an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants and develop a health promotion that can be presented to caregivers.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint health promotion, with speaker notes, that outlines a teaching plan. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice over or a video. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for references at the end.
In developing your PowerPoint, take into consideration the health care literacy level of your target audience, as well as the demographic of the caregiver/patient (socioeconomic level, language, culture, and any other relevant characteristic of the caregiver) for which the presentation is tailored
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the selected environmental factor. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Create a health promotion plan that can be presented to caregivers to address the environmental factor and improve the overall health and well-being of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. At least three scholarly resources are required. Two of the three resources must be peer-reviewed and no more than 6 years old.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Refer to the resource, “Loom,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on recording your presentation.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write. Refer to the Lopes Write Technical Support articles for assistance.
Here is the Answer format from Rubric or guide line.
1) A detailed description of how the environmental factor potentially affects infant health or safety is presented. Strong support and rationale are provided. The direct effect of the environmental factor on infant health and safety is well established.
2) A well-developed health promotion plan is presented. The plan clearly addresses the environmental issue and includes specific steps to improve health or safety for infants. Sufficient information and evidence are provided for support. The plan is realistic for the chosen caregiver.
3) Well-developed recommendations for safety promotion and accident prevention offered are proposed. The recommendations offered clearly relate to the environmental factor. The steps outlined are well thought out and support the health and safety of infants. The recommendations are realistic and highly suitable for the chosen situation and caregiver.
4) Examples, interventions and suggestions are evidence-based and strongly supported. Three or more scholarly research resources are utilized; at least two are peer-reviewed and no older than 6 years old.
5) Two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource are included with the health promotion. The resources are highly relevant to the health promotion and are accessible for the caregiver. A detailed description accompanies the resources. The contact information provided for the resources is complete and accurate.
6) The literacy level is written for the level of the caregiver or target audience. The socioeconomic level, language, culture, and any other relevant characteristics of the caregiver are tailored for the caregiver or associated demographic. The presentation demonstrates insight into tailoring presentations to a specific target population.
7) Presentation meets the criteria outlined. Presentation uses 10 -12 slides and the slide arrangement strongly support the intended presentation. The speaker notes submitted are well-developed and support the presentation. The reference slide is submitted. A Loom presentation is submitted and is consistent with the PowerPoint and speaker notes.
8) Appropriate and thematic graphic elements are used to make visual connections that contribute to the understanding of concepts, ideas, and relationships. Differences in type size and color are used well and consistently. The presentation has strong visual appeal and is developed with the intended audience in mind.
9) Design is clean. Skillful handling of text and visuals creates a distinctive and effective presentation. Overall, effective and functional audio, text, or visuals are evident.
10) The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
11) Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.