Emotionally incompetent behaviors can destroy a team\’s ability to achieve a specific goal. Consider the following list of emotionally incompetent behaviors (Porter-O\’Grady & Malloch, 2018).
- Acting as a devil\’s advocate
- Displaying a bad attitude
- Displaying a superior attitude
- Tolerating errors
- Failing to balance work and relaxation
Select one behavior from the list above, and complete the following.
- State the selected behavior.
- Develop a fictitious example that demonstrates the selected behavior.
- Considering your selected leadership style that was identified in Week 1, describe two techniques that a leader could use to help develop the individual.
- Explain how the techniques are reflective of the leadership style you have identified.
- How will these techniques be useful in your future role as a MSN-prepared nurse leader?
Include current, peer-reviewed scholarly support (outside of class resources) to validate your work.