Initial Discussion Post: Choose one of the primary source documents from the topic list below. Using the primary source reading, answer the following questions. Use this template provided to complete the assignment.
- Context (20 points):
- Name of the document you chose to analyze
- Who is the creator of the document?
- Briefly describe the creator of the document. (To answer this question, you may need to use information obtained from the introduction to the source, or other course materials such as the textbook or Intellipath.
- When and where was the document created? (Again, you may need to use information obtained from the introduction to the source, or other course materials such as the Lib Guide, Intellipath, or your instructor.)
- Summary (20 points):
- Write a brief summary of the source. (What is the topic or issue of the source? What are the creator’s main points about that topic? What is one interesting thing said in this source?)
- Connections (20 points):
- How does this source help you to better understand a topic you learned about in the Unit learning materials? (Here you want to think about how this source fits into the other material for the unit such as the Lib Guide and Intellipath.)
- Does this source support what you already know about the topic? If so, how? Or does this source change the way you think about this topic? If so, how?
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates about their initial discussion post. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- Are there connections between what you learned from your source and what you learned about their source?
- What is one interesting thing you learned from your fellow student’s post?
- What clarifications do you need regarding the posting?
Topic List: Choose one of the following documents to complete this assignment
- Richard N. Goodwin, “Memorandum For the President,” November 1, 1961
- John F. Kennedy, “Cuban Missile Crisis Speech,” October 22, 1962
- John Kerry, “Statement of Vietnam Veterans Against the War,” April 23, 1971
- National Organization of Women, “Statement of Purpose,” 1966
- Cesar Chavez, “Talks in New York,” June, 1968
- SNCC Vine City Project, “Black Power,” 1966
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail.