Consolidation of Care
In cancer care a large cost of the care is chemotherapy agents. In this assignment address each of the following:
- Describe how health care payment policies have resulted in consolidation of services.
- List at least one benefit of care consolidation and discuss how it has impacted the availability of care in rural areas.
- What policy changes could improve delivery of services to rural areas while maintaining the benefits of consolidation?
Make sure to support your claims for each item by referencing reputable examples and resources.
Articles for Reference:
- 2016 Community Oncology Alliance Practice Impact Report- http://www.communityoncology.org/2016-coa-practice-impact-report/
- HRSA: 340B Drug Pricing Program- https://www.hrsa.gov/opa/
|Consolidation of Services||Describes how health care payment policies have resulted in consolidation of services and supports claims with reputable evidence|
|Consolidation Benefit||Identifies one benefit of care consolidation and supports claims with reputable evidence|
|Impact on Availability||Discusses how care consolidation has impacted the availability of care in rural areas and supports claims with reputable evidence|
|Policy Changes||Proposes appropriate policy changes to improve delivery of services to rural areas while maintaining consolidation benefits and supports claims with reputable evidence|
|Writing Mechanics||Paper is organized, professional, and contains no grammatical errors|
|Citation||All cited sources are incorporated into student’s writing appropriately. All citations are in proper AMA style.|