In this assignment, you will practice writing a sponsorship level and letter to recruit sponsors. The Partnership Ask Letter must include the following:
Create a site sponsorship level for the peer to peer special event fundraiser which you proposed in your week four PowerPoint. Include what the partner will be expected to give (i.e.: money, product, recruiting participants) and what benefits they will receive.
- Write a one-page, powerful solicitation letter that:
- is formatted in a personal manner.
- uses current events happening in your cause to make your letter strong.
- tells people thank-you for prior support and note how their previous gifts were used. Tell a story if possible.
- discusses why you need help this year at greater level. Make your case and tell supports how the funds will be used.
- discusses the benefits that they will receive.
- tells them why you want them to give and how their gift will make notable progress in your cause.
- uses a font style and size that makes the print easy to read.
- includes a date line.
This activity is matched to the following Learning Outcomes: Students will examine critical fund development issues facing today’s nonprofits. Review and evaluate an agency’s existing fund development program elements with their fellow classmates. Discuss past elements and their success of an agency’s overall fund development plan. Create a return on investment model for future elements of a development plan for longevity and relevance of the programs to an agency’s mission. Prepare and submit various special events, direct mail/online and leadership giving elements for class review and evaluation. The student will review historical funding sources and determine future interest areas and niche development opportunities to support a nonprofit agency. Students will us appropriate writing and oral skills.