Assignment 3: Reflections and Lessons Learned
Due Week 10 and worth 270 points
For this assignment, reflect on the various theories and practices in adult education, training, and lifelong learning that you have studied in the course, and create a presentation of your ideas. You may use the presentation software of your choosing, such as Prezi, Haiku Deck, PowToon, or other similar software.
For tips on creating effective presentations, watch the video titled, “How to give great presentations. An alternative to PowerPoint, Bullet Points, boring presentations”.
Create an eight to ten (8-10) slide presentation in which you:
- Rate your understanding of adult education theories and practices prior to completing this course compared to your understanding of adult education theories and practices upon completing the course. Examine the extent to which your understanding of adult education, training, and lifelong learning has changed from Week 1 until now.
- Construct your own definition of adult education.
- Explore the key concepts that you have learned in this course that you believe will have the greatest impact on your approach to educating adults in your current or future career.
- Select at least two (2) of the key concepts that you discussed above. Devise a strategy that outlines the steps you could take to apply the selected concepts at your current or future workplace.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Citations and references (if applicable) must follow APA format. The title slide and reference slide (if applicable) are not included in the required slide length.