As EEC’s corporate business financial analyst, you will need to have a clear understanding of the different types of costs (variable, fixed, and mixed) that the company carries. Complete the following for this assignment:
- Review EEC’s journal activity.
- Define and identify its variable, fixed, and mixed costs.
- Determine what affect a sales volume increase or decrease will have on unit fixed cost, unit variable cost, total fixed cost, and total variable cost.
As an EEC corporate business financial analyst, you must have an expert understanding of the various costing methods. Select 1 of the following costing concepts:
- Full costing or absorption costing
- Variable costing
- Target costing
- Life cycle costing
- Activity-based costing
Respond to the following questions on the costing concept that you selected:
- Provide the definition of the concept.
- Discuss how and when the concept could be used by EEC.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the concept as it relates to EEC.