- Briefly describe the ways that each of the major learning theories (behaviorist, cognitive, social learning, psychodynamic, and humanist) can be used to increase a behavior. Then, briefly describe the ways that each of these major theories can be used to decrease or extinguish a behavior.
- How can the learning theories be used in combination to change behavior and enhance learning?
- Discuss the following scenarios:
- You are a staff nurse preceptor, and you find that the nurse orientee you are working with has difficulty understanding the idea of titrating drug dosages on the basis of physiologic data. A weakness in which type(s) of learning might be underlying this problem? In addressing this orientee’s difficulty, what other information would you collect?
- You are preparing to counsel a nursing student who is failing a nursing course: How would your approach differ if you based your counseling on the Self-Efficacy Theory versus the Attribution Theory?
- You are a clinical preceptor in a health care agency, how can the Social Cognitive Theory assist you in teaching your preceptee?
Length: 6-7 minute video; answers must thoroughly address the prompts and scenarios in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include an introduction and summary.
Prompts: Describe the learning theories: behaviorist, cognitive, social learning, psychodynamic, and humanist and how they can be used to 1) can be used to increase a behavior, and 2) can be used to decrease a behavior.
Format: Save your assignment as a .mp4 or provide the link to the video on YouTube.
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)
M1 Assignment UMBO – 2, 4, 5
M1 Assignment PLG –1, 4,9
M1 Assignment CLO – 1, 5
Expert Answer and Explanation
Related Answered Questions