Assignment: Application: Leadership Concept
Analysis Group Paper
Before you begin to work with your group, read the information below describing the paper. Then join your group, introduce yourself, and begin work on selecting a topic.
· Review the Peer Evaluation Form for important information on how this assignment is graded.
· Identify a group facilitator.
· Within your group, select a topic relevant to interprofessional leadership and the health care field on which to focus your group paper. The following are some potential topics for your group to consider:
o Matrix organizations
o Accountable care organizations
o Horizontal and vertical organizations
o Role conflict and ambiguity
o Employee recruitment and selection
o Interpersonal relationships in the C-suite of organizations (the relationships between the CEO, CFO, and CNO)
o Resistance to change
o Succession planning
o Whistle blowing
o “Just” culture
o Team Stepps
· When your group has selected a topic, the group facilitator will submit the topic to the Instructor for approval on the Discussion Board in the Week 5 Group Project Topic Forum.
· Conduct research on your topic using the Walden Library and other credible sources.
As a group, write a 3- to 5 (page count does not include title and reference page) page paper that includes the following:
· Section 1: Introduction
· Section 2: Significance of the topic (based on literature that speaks to the relevancy of the concept selected in terms of interprofessional leadership)
· Section 3: Review of the literature related to the concept that the group selects (current best practices, positive or negative impact on leadership or health care organizations, etc.)
· Section 4: Application to nursing (e.g., implications or consequences for nursing leaders)
· Section 5: Conclusion
All group members are expected to collaborate fully on this project, and your group paper should demonstrate an original and thoughtful application of the ideas presented in the Learning Resources and the research literature.