This week the student is to identify a quality improvement topic within the clinical setting. You will take the topic and complete a powerpoint presentation.
For this assignment, the student is to create a narrated presentation using PowerPoint® that details the current research found on the quality improvement topic. This activity is essential in that the students will search for evidence to provide proof that the proposed change to their clinical practice is warranted.
Criteria are as follows:
- One introduction slide that details the quality improvement issue in clinical practice
- One slide to discuss the importance of the problem and how a change might improve patient outcomes
- Have 3-5 research articles that provide proof that a change is warranted. Use one slide per article. The articles must be less than 5 years old to be acceptable. Discuss each article and provide rationale as to why this article/research supports the proposed change.
- Each step in the improvement project worksheet should have a slide. Use the “Use this one as a guide” to present your information on each slide.
- Step 3A Understanding the Process- Do define agreed upon project and goals.
- Step 5- Measures. Do survey or interview guide only in the “Use this one as a guide”
- Step 6 Address: What changes can we make that will result in an improvement?
- Step 7- You will not have enough time to implement. Create this slide based on the results you expect.
- Presentation will be submitted to the designated discussion board.
Review 3 classmates’ presentation. No responses required.