As scheduled by the instructor, complete the assignment and submit it to your instructor/tutor by the specified date. In this assignment, you will develop a nursing care plan using the nursing concepts and the nursing process. This assignment contributes 25% towards the final course grade.
In this assignment, the learner will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Create a nursing care plan following nursing concepts and the nursing process.
- Explain the significance of using nursing concepts and the nursing process as a problem-solving process to guide nursing actions.
Through this assignment, the learner will practice critical thinking in the same way that nurses practice critical thinking with clients every day. Through a realistic learning experience in a safe environment, the learner will apply the scientific approach of nursing to promote the health of clients. In this assignment, the learner will create a nursing care plan – using nursing concepts and following the nursing process – as a problem-solving process that guides all nursing actions.
This assignment must be typewritten (word-processed) and follow current APA format. A Nursing Assessment Tool and Nursing Care Plan form is provided.
All assignments must be submitted on Moodle in ONE document.
All assignments must be submitted by the date and time that is communicated to you through your Instructor. Late submissions will be subject to a 10%/day deduction.
Creating a Basic Nursing Care Plan
- Review content and concepts of the Metaparadigm and the Social Determinants of Health
- Review content of Unit Six and assigned readings which include hyperlinked articles.
- Review the Nursing Care Plan format and directions below.
- Read the following scenario. By using the skills and resources available to you as a student practical nurse, you will analyze assessment data using the metaparadigm concepts, establish nursing diagnoses, write goals in client terms using SMART criteria, and choose interventions to achieve positive health outcomes. You will also provide rationale and literature support for your choice of interventions. You will then evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing interventions in achieving client goals.
- You will also write an APA styled summary about the benefits of using the nursing process as a problem-solving process that guides all nursing actions.