The purpose of this assignment is to identify nursing care models utilized in today’s various health care settings and enhance your knowledge of how models impact the management of care and may influence delegation. You will assess the effectiveness of models and determine how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure quality, safety and staff satisfaction.
1. Read text, Finkelman (2016), pp- 111-116.
2. Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
3. Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
4. Write a 5-7 page paper that includes the following:
5. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
6. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
7. Discuss your observations about how the current nursing care model is being implemented. Be specific.
8. Recommend a different nursing care model that could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
9. Provide a summary/conclusion about this experience/assignment and what you learned about nursing care models.