LOM-Learning Outcome Module
TITLE: Case Study and Care Plan Overview/Description:
Throughout this course, you will be provided case studies that focus on cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, and musculoskeletal disorders. You will pick one of the provided case studies to analyze and create a comprehensive care plan for acute/chronic care, disease prevention and health promotion for that patient and disorder. Your care plan should be based on current best practices and supported with citations from current literature, such as systematic reviews, published practice guidelines, standards of care from specialty organizations and other research based resources. In addition, you will provide a detailed scientific rationale that justifies the inclusion of this evidence in your plan. Your paper should adhere to APA format for title page, headings, citations, and references. The paper should be no more than 15 pages typed excluding title page and references.
Case Study Evaluation Criteria:
- Analyzes the disorder addressing the following elements: pathophysiology, signs/symptoms, progression trajectory, diagnostic testing, and treatment options.
- Differentiates the disorder from normal development.
- Discusses the physical and psychological demands the disorder places on the patient and family.
- Explains the key concepts that must be shared with the patient and family to achieve optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Identifies key interdisciplinary team personnel needed and how this team will provide care to achieve optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Interprets facilitators and barriers to optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Describes strategies to overcome the identified barriers.
Care Plan Synthesis Criteria:
- Designs a comprehensive and holistic recognition and planning for the disorder. o Addresses how the patient’s socio-cultural background can potentially impact optimal management and outcomes.
- Demonstrates an evidence-based approach to address key issues identified in the case study.
- Formulates a comprehensive but tailored approach to disorder management.