You have owned and operated a successful brick-and-mortar business for several years. Due to increased competition from other retailers, you have decided to expand your operations to sell your products via the Internet. Using your responses from previous discussions (Infrastructures: Sustainable Technologies, Ethics and Information Security: MIS Business Concerns) develop a plan to implement and execute your strategy to go E-business.
There is a common phrase in business: “Cash is king.” “Cash flow is the life-blood of a company. Without it, a company will fail” (Hicks, 2012). Yet, companies often have to take risks that could potentially jeopardize their cash flow (e.g., new projects, growth, capital budgeting, etc.). Assume you are the CFO of a struggling company. While you do have a positive cash flow, it is minimal at best. If something does not change soon, the company will go under. Fortunately, your product development team has just created a new product that will not only save the company from financial demise but will also revolutionize how the industry does business. The problem is that the product is still 2 years away from being able to be sold to the public, and you will run out of cash within the next 6 months. How would you propose obtaining the funds needed to keep the company alive and thriving for the next 2 years until you are able to see a return on the product development? How would you keep the stakeholders happy?
Suggestions for Instructor:
Cash flow is measured by the movement of cash in and out of a company, and is a way of measuring their financial stability. The expected value of a company is the amount of money it is expected to profit in a given amount of time. If an investor thinks a company is not going to meet its expected value they may pull their money out of the investment. Therefore, this share value decreases and allows other investor to buy the stock at a lower premium. Those investors are going to make a greater profit if that company in the end meets its expected value.
Cash flow is a much better estimate of a company’s worth. Simply speaking, cash is much easier to utilize in the market versus other tangible assets. So, it can be understood that any company that has available cash can operate much smoother in the industry and gain a greater stability in the market. Liquidation of assets depends on the assets value in the current market. The outcome of asset liquidation may not produce the cash that is needed or required for operations. Thus, cash is critical to any business operations or existence. The bottom line is that cash determines the health of the company.
Stock values are assessed to a company based on the value assigned to the company. Typically this number is based on cash flow, marketability, P/E ratio, etc. The stock value can be too low or too high and may not be based on actual cash availability. There may be inflators in the stock value that can fluctuate based on the current market and the stock value may not be truly an accurate estimate of the company’s worth.
You are required to submit a thread of at least 300 words in response to the provided prompt for each forum. In addition to the thread, you must reply to at least 2 classmate’s threads. Each reply must be at least 150 words. For each thread, you must support your assertions with at least 2 citations in current APA format. Each reply must cite at least 1 source and include biblical integration. Acceptable sources include the textbook, the Bible, and scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
Analyze Quasi-Experimental (Non-Randomized) Designs Instructions Using the article by Fitzpatrick and Meulemans (2011), prepare a written analysis that addresses the following:
1. Determine the general strengths and weaknesses of quasi-experimental designs. Based on your findings, identify the strengths and weaknesses of this particular study.
2. Explain when a quasi-experimental design is most useful within an educational setting, and then summarize whether this is an appropriate use of a quasi-experimental design in this study. Explain why, and if it is not, recommend a more accurate research design.
3. Identify and explain the types of problems quasi-experimental designs could best address. Discuss if this study’s problem is best addressed by a quasi-experimental design.
4. Review the research question being asked in this study, and then provide a sample research question corresponding to a different hypothetical quasi-experimental design. Support your assignment with at least this scholarly resource.
Getting the right group of people together for a project team is not easy. If you were putting together a team for a project at your current place of employment, or at a business with which you are familiar, what would you do? Create a 1,400-word Project Team Design Plan in which you include the following:
- Identify key questions to address during project team design and development.
- Describe approaches used to acquire the project team and how this varies by organizational structure.
- Determine how each stage of team development affects the other stages.
- Explain how the tasks in each stage affect other tasks in the same stage. Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Summarize the position/argument researched. This should be presented in a clear logical form. This includes translating their rhetoric into: premises and conclusion, identifying the category of propositions, and quality and quantity of the parts.
Your skills that have been practiced throughout the course will be assessed in this paper and conclude with you constructing your own argument on a position. Your argument can be a contradiction, a support, or an alteration of the argument you’ve research. Whichever you choose should be sufficiently supported with materials covered throughout the course and your own outside research.
This assignment should continue with the social issue research conducted in Topic 2
In 750-1,000 words
- Summarize the position/argument researched. This should be presented in a clear logical form. This includes translating their rhetoric into: premises and conclusion, identifying the category of propositions, and quality and quantity of the parts.
- Identify the assumptions of the position by drawing inferences from their communicated proposition to their position regarding human dignity.
- Construct a valid and sound argument that contradicts, challenges, or improves the position of the organization.
At least three academic peer-reviewed sources are required for this paper.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected. In-text citations and references should be presented using APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
In light of the economic struggles that many states are facing today, every area of the criminal justice system is coming under scrutiny, especially as it relates to the expenditures of taxpayer monies. One of the most hotly contested areas is that of the privatization of prisons. Respond to the following questions, and support your position using credible research:
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of prison privatization? Explain in your own words.
- What impact does the privatization of prisons have on providing rehabilitative services that would help prisoners rejoin society productively and curb recidivism? Explain.
- What impact does contracting with a private firm have on governmental liability for the violation of inmates’ constitutional rights? Explain.
- Some would argue that for-profit private prisons have no place in a democratic society. Do you agree? Use external research to justify your response.
Summarize the reasons why Senate Bill 618 was implemented in California, the program’s design, and why it was different from traditional prison programming
Unit V Article Critique
Locate the following article in the ProQuest Criminal Justice database in the CSU online library.
Mulmat, D. H., & Burke, C. (2013). Addressing offender reentry: Lessons learned from Senate Bill 618 San Diego prisoner reentry program. Corrections Today, 75(4), 24-27. Retrieved from https://libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/docview/1437302146?accountid=33337
In order for the link above to function properly, you must first access the ProQuest Criminal Justice database within the CSU Online Library.
You may also access the resource by visiting the ProQuest Criminal Justice database and performing a search for the title and/or author.
Address the following directions and prompts in your analysis of the article:
1. Summarize the reasons why Senate Bill 618 was implemented in California, the program’s design, and why it was different from traditional prison programming.
2. How successful or unsuccessful was this program in reducing recidivism and helping offenders? Why was it successful or unsuccessful?
3. In what ways could this program have been modified to improve outcomes? What could have been added or improved upon in this program?
Paper content must be at least three full pages in length, excluding the title page and references page.
Papers must be in APA style with a correctly formatted title page and separate references page.
The purpose of this assignment is to continue drafting your academic argumentative research paper. Description: In this assignment, you will write three to four body paragraphs according to the form that is explained in “Lesson 3: The Body Paragraphs.” The following requirements must be included in the assignment:
Follow the directions below for the completion of the body paragraphs draft assignment for Unit VI. If you have questions, please email your professor for assistance.
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to continue drafting your academic argumentative research paper.
Description: In this assignment, you will write three to four body paragraphs according to the form that is explained in “Lesson 3: The Body Paragraphs.” The following requirements must be included in the assignment:
- Body Paragraphs: You will construct three to four paragraphs comprised of five to seven sentences each. Each paragraph should be between 150-200 words. At a minimum, this portion of the paper should be around 450-600 words (for three to four paragraphs); a body section of this length will meet the minimum requirements of the assignment. The following components must be included in each body paragraph (in the following order).
- Sentence 1: Point/reason sentence: This topic sentence will contain one of your reasons.
- Sentence 2: Explanation: In this sentence, you provide information that further develops or explains Sentence 1.
- Sentence 3: Illustration: This sentence introduces evidence that supports the reason that is presented in Sentence 1.
- Sentence 4: Explanation of the illustration: Because the evidence does not necessarily stand on its own, you need to provide explanation so that the reader will understand how you interpreted the evidence to come to your reason.
- Sentences 5-6: Second illustration and explanation (optional): You may choose to include a second piece of evidence that is then followed by an explanation.
- Last Sentence: Transition: In this sentence, you will signal to the reader that you will be moving on to another point in the next paragraph. You do this to ease the movement from one point to another.
- Be sure to include the introduction and literature review you have already created and revised.
- Use APA conventions to cite and reference all sources used to support your argument.
Example: For an example of a body paragraph, please see the example in “Lesson 3: The Body Paragraphs.”
For this assignment, you will create a communication strategy that fosters change and innovation in an organization.
Explain the context in which it occurs and the options that are available. Develop a solution that will solve the
organizational issue and meet the needs of the people involved.
Feel free to use the same organization you researched for the Unit VI and Unit VII assignments. You are not limited to this organization, but it may be easier to complete the assignment since you have already researched it for Unit VI and/or Unit VII. You can use the same sources for all assignments, if applicable.
In the report, you will provide a potential audience analysis, create a purposeful message, and discuss a type of channel that you could use for feedback. Include answers to Neal’s (2010) communication questions, which are listed below:
1. What am I trying to achieve?
2. How will my audience react to what I am trying to achieve?
3. Will my message be resisted?
4. What do I know about my audience that will help me tailor my message? (p. 40)
Do not include the question/answers in a bullet or list format. Instead, integrate the responses in your paragraphs.
Use the standard five-paragraph format (introduction/body/conclusion). Include at least two academic sources.
APA format should be used. The assignment should be a minimum of two pages in length. Content, organization, and grammar/mechanics will be evaluated.
Click here to view a sample assignment.
Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below
For this assignment, you will research the different ways that managers and leaders use communication to guide their organizations.
For this assignment, you will research the different ways that managers and leaders use communication to guide their organizations.
Feel free to use the same organization you researched for the Unit VI Case Study. You are not limited to this organization, but it may be easier to complete the assignment since you have already researched the organization in Unit VI. You can use the same sources for both assignments, if applicable.
Find an instance where the organizational leader communicates directly with his or her employees, investors, or
customers. Analyze the message, the channel, and the potential for feedback. Do you believe that it is effective? Do you believe that it is the same type of message that a manager would send? Why, or why not?
Remember to focus on the communication styles of both leaders and managers. Strive for an equal balance between the two types of communication styles in your assignment.
Example: The Apple events that occur in Cupertino whenever Apple unveils a new product or service are examples of the type of communication you should be analyzing in this assignment. During the events, CEO Tim Cook addresses an audience of employees, investors, and the general public. Cook uses multiple channels to communicate with the
audience, including a live face-to-face discussion, live streaming of the discussion, and a recorded video. For the
assignment, you would view one of the events, analyze Cook’s message and the effectiveness of the channels, and
discuss the potential for feedback. Analyze whether or not the message is an effective example of leadership. Explain
whether or not you believe a manager could, or should, use the same types of channels to relay a message. Would it be effective?
Note: You do not need to use Apple for this assignment. It is provided as an example only.
Use the standard five-paragraph format (introduction/body/conclusion). Include at least two academic sources. APA
format should be used. The assignment should be a minimum of two pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. Content, organization, and grammar/mechanics will be evaluated.
Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.